These are a spin on my Peanut Butter & Jelly Energy Bites! Instead of being peanut-based, I used almonds and almond butter – so if you have a peanut allergy, these are a great alternative! And, just like with the other recipe, you can add the optional collagen peptides to up the protein content and nutrient density. I like having a couple of these as a pre-workout snack, or just as a snack in general for when hunger strikes in between meals. This recipe is definitely more economical than paying a couple bucks a pop for the popular fruit and nut bars currently on the market, so it’s a great option if you’re on a budget!
Cinnamon Raisin Energy Bites
Makes about 24 bites
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 lb dried dates, pitted
1/4 cup natural almond butter
2-3 tbsp powdered collagen (optional) – I use this brand
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place the almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor and process until the nuts are broken down but still a bit chunky. You may need to scrape the sides in between pulses.
- Add the dates, raisins, almond butter, collagen (if using), salt & cinnamon and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Measure a tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll it into a ball. Repeat until the mixture is used up.
- This recipe was inspired by the “Almond Butter and Jelly Bites” recipe in Stephanie Gaudreau’s The Performance Paleo Cookbook.
- As I want to be 100% transparent, this is a disclaimer that I may be compensated through affiliate links in this post. All opinions are my own, and I only work with brands I believe in.